Wednesday, February 03, 2016

New Year Challenge Turns into Treat

 
 
 
 

Just before New Years Day, my friend encouraged me to start a drawing challenge for the month of January. Usually I'm really bad with committing to things like this but for whatever reason I had no good excuse not to so I jumped right in. I've been wanting to draw more and this seemed like a New Years resolution I might actually do. Not only did I make it almost everyday on time, I became obsessed by it. I was excited to get home and tackle the next illustration. All I could think about was sketching, pens, paint and techniques.

We chose a list from Creativebug which was perfect. I loved the promps everyday. And the community of other people also taking the challenge was so encouraging. Everyone was supportive. Seeing all the other illustrations and talent was motivating and inspiring. Highly recommend it! It made me feel more positive, productive and energized. When January started to wind down, I was sad that it was ending.

But I've created a new list for February and have other friends joining in this month. Even though we aren't in sync with the larger community this time, we are still having fun.

It's amazing what a little doodling or crafting each day can do!



No comments:

Post a Comment