Friday, January 30, 2015

School Refresher



My latest side project. I recently wrapped up a visual branding project for a Catholic elementary school that has been around for over 100 years. The challenge....to capture the tradition and history of the school while also communicating how vibrant and forward thinking the community really is. Everyone connected to the school, from staff to students to parents are very energetic and involved with the health of the school.

The first task was to redesign the school logo. The previous one was approachable and casual, but the new one needed to show the strength, tradition, academic excellence, dedication to new technology and science, and sense of community spirit.

The project included style guide, online, social and print ads, and brochures. But I'm really excited to see the new embroidered school uniform sweaters, coming soon. 

While I'm grateful for my day job, it's nice to have these varied side projects to keep my creative side challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment