Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Earthy Spoonflower Design Challenge


I've been working on new surface pattern designs for the East Fork Spoonflower Challenge coming up. I hadn't heard of this company before the challenge. But was inspired by their beautiful collection of pottery. The winning design will accompany the company's earthy home line.

I wanted to keep the fabric design pretty simple so that it compliments the pottery and let it stand out. I did some hand sketching textures to help give it an organic feel. I came up with two styles using their Tequila Sunrise color. One is a tweak from my previous Cross-hatch tree design. And other that is more of a wavy sketchy stripe. Both started out hand drawn in my sketch book, then photographed and converted to vector artwork in Illustrator. Each was rearranged digitally to tighten up the design and help create the repeating pattern.

I ended up posting the Organic Wave version as my submission because it's a new design for me. Voting will begin on April 30 at the Spoonflower Design Challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment