Friday, February 03, 2017

Drawing a Day (well, almost)

https://www.instagram.com/slambdesign/


Just wrapped up a year of daily drawings (well frequent drawing, at least). I love that this has started a drawing habit and also has me practicing different drawing techniques more often. The relaxation it provides my scattered brain is immeasurable.

I highly recommend picking up a hobby that makes you happy. Or rediscovering a favorite activity and making a little time to let yourself run with it. Start small. Allow yourself to play and make mistakes. Don't feel like it has to be perfect. I've gotten really good at calling those "mistakes" my "studies" instead. I often come back to the idea days or weeks later and improve upon them. It gives you confidence and satisfaction.

What creative hobby are you itching to let out?

No comments:

Post a Comment